Authors can use their articles, in full or in part, for a wide range of scholarly, non-commercial purposes as outlined below:
- Use by an author in the author’s classroom teaching (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic).
- Distribution of copies (including through e-mail) to known research colleagues for their personal use (but not for Commercial Use).
- Inclusion in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially).
- Use in a subsequent compilation of the author’s works.
- Extending the Article to book-length form.
- Preparation of other derivative works (but not for Commercial Use).
- Otherwise using or re-using portions or excerpts in other works. These rights apply for all authors who publish their article as an open access article. In all cases we require that all authors always include a full acknowledgement.